The main work responsibility of the Software QA Manager is to ensure the software meets the requirement of clients and system quality. They have to prepare the software systems which satisfies client’s needs. He/she has to monitor the different phases of the software development processes.
The candidate has to perform various work activities like designing the system and testing the system. They have to coordinate with the QA Testers and prevent the market delay of the software launch. The Software QA managers also have to collaborate with other departments and complete project in time.
The skills demonstrated in the resume of the Software quality assurance managers are expertise in developing software and managerial qualities. These professionals must also demonstrate leadership and time management capabilities. The eligible candidate for this job must have Bachelor’s Degree.
Software QA Manager Resume Sample
Software QA Manager
743 Xyz Abc Road.
Chicago, IL – xxxxx
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Home: xxx-xxx-xxxx | Mobile: xxx-xxx-xxxx
10+ years of experience in the software industry. Establishing QA operations for start-up companies. Hiring, mentoring and supervising QA teams. Coordinating QA functions in remote offices and offshore locations. Designing and implementing automated testing frameworks and supporting tools. Unit, Integration, Functional, and Performance testing of complex mobile and web applications.
1) Software QA Manager
ABC, Inc – Mountain View, CA
December 2013 to Present
- Established the QA department from ground up: hired and trained each team member before embedding them in vertical product engineering groups as testing subject matter experts.
- Worked closely with key stakeholders to identify product quality goals and KPIs.
- Introduced automated testing frameworks and CI/CD test integration.
- Actively involved in driving and refining Agile Scrum/Kanban practices within engineering teams.
- Acted as quality assurance liaison between hardware, firmware and software groups.
- Coordinated in-house training on evolving technologies including WebGL, AR/VR and deep learning.
2) Software QA Manager
XYZ, LLC – San Francisco, CA
September 2010 to December 2013
- Established QA department from the ground up: began as the sole manual tester and grew team over time, implementing quality practices and procedures.
- Established QA procedures within the company, evolving over time.
- Hired and trained team members.
- Designed and implemented REST server API test suite.
- Added testing phase requirements for git pull requests.
- Developed Robotium-based test suite for Android app.
- Created BDD framework for cross-platform (iOS and Android) automation using Calabash.
- Actively engaged in daily scrum meetings.
PQR, LLC – Foster City, CA
November 2008 to September 2010
- Managed testing efforts for multiple concurrent development projects, coordinating with remote and offshore testing teams and with client QA resources.
- A quality assurance management consultant for a wide range of clients, applications, and technologies.
- Scoped testing requirements for a variety of systems from e-commerce to medical record storage.
- Deployed automated testing frameworks for multiple clients, trained engineers on their use.
- Built business intelligence reporting systems and functional forensics.
Bachelor of Science in Computer and Information Sciences
ABC University, Az.
Associate of Science in Computer Information Systems
ABC College, LI.
Skills and Strengths
- Testing: Mobile applications (iOS and Android), Web applications, Server API’s.
- Automation: Jest, Enzyme, Selenium, Appium, UI Automation, Espresso, JMeter.
- Tools: Xcode, Android Studio, JIRA, TestRail, Git, CircleCI, Jenkins, Travis, Lighthouse
— References Available upon Request —
Properly writing roles, responsibilities, and skills in Software QA Manager’s Resume is very important. It is because the employer or the recruiter will check them to judge your capabilities. Mostly, the points of the job duties performed will come under the section of work experience in the Software QA Manager’s Resume. Whereas you can mention your skills within the skill section. The other key or highlighting points can be noted separately.
To get the job, making an accurate resume having precise points is necessary. Hence, here are few shorter examples which will give you a better idea about how to write roles, responsibilities, skills and work experience in the resume for the position of Software QA Manager.
From our resume database, I have gathered few examples. These resumes are selected on basis of different location and experience level. These Software QA Manager Resume samples of professionals will give you provide with a hint when you are writing your resume. You can change the points according to your location and experience level.
Check these Software QA Manager resume samples. I hope you will find something interesting and valuable from these examples.
Few More Software QA Manager Resume Sample:
Software QA Manager
Location: NewYork, NY
Experience: 16 Years
A results-generating professional in the areas of Quality Assurance and Project Management. Over 15 years of experience in a wide variety of positions in leadership, analytical, and technical roles. Thrive on opportunities to collaborate with clients, personnel, and senior executives; drive new products and innovations through critical thinking and empowerment; and identify and translate customer needs into concrete, actionable initiatives.
- Member of the leadership team responsible for transforming a traditional QA organization to one that applies Agile and DevOps principles thus reducing the feedback loop to developers from weeks to minutes.
- Build and manage a geographically distributed team.
- Train and mentor of QA engineers as they transition to the new practices such as test-driven development; Exploratory testing; bug bashes; accessibility testing; mobile and responsive testing; and non-functional
- requirements testing.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the Quality Roadmap for Product Development.
- Collaborate with project management, product designers, and developers on milestone planning, and status of globally located teams.
- Execute risk analysis on new feature development.
- Act as Product Owner for the Test Automation scrum team responsible for creating tests for the Legacy application.
- Managing of vendor relationships.
- Team Building.
- Testing Methodologies.
- SaaS and Cloud.
- Software Development Life Cycle.
- Test Frameworks.
- Test Design.
- Agile Methodology – Scrum Master.
- Vendor Management.
- Test Driven Development.
- Test Automation.
- Exploratory Testing.
- DevOps Principles.
Software QA Manager
Location: Southborough, MA
Experience: 4 Years
- Coding and deploying PHPUnit test scripts via Selenium.
- Test planning and implementation for in-house and outsourced(UTest) regression Agile Development methodology.
- Functional testing HTML 5 CMS, Apps, Digital Publishing Workflow and other products.
- Savvy in MySQL, Postgres, Linux Command Line, HTML, CSS, XML.
- Trained and managed a team of software QA Engineers.
- Worked with Product Designers to set product definition and release schedule.
- Managed expenses and budgets relative to 3rd Party regression testing vendor.
- Created and maintained demo products for Sales and Customer Support.
- Oversaw migration from GCM to Firebase messaging for 2 different App products.
- Wrote Comprehensive Test Plans for WordPress based CMS product and integration app product.
- Programming: PHPUnit.
- Engineering Software: XCode, Eclipse, Jira w/ Bitbucket/Git repository.
- Office Applications: Google Drive, GMail, Google Calendar, MS Office, Powerpoint, all browsers.
- Platforms: Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, iOS, Android.
Software QA Manager
Location: Pewaukee, WI
Experience: 15 Years
Around 15 years of experience in SQA ranging from QA Engineer to SQA Project Manager with successful track record of building World-Class QA Practices in the Fortune 500 and top consulting organizations delivering complex business solutions, specialized in Software Testing and Test Automation on Web, Embedded, Multi-Tier, .NET, J2EE, Mobile and Middleware/SOA applications, architecting and developing organization-wide quality strategies that drive excellence in software quality.
- Experience of creating and executing QA strategy for large-scale programs (250K Hrs. size) covering complex distributed systems integration including System & Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, Web services testing, Production Readiness Planning and Implementation.
- Expertise in creating and providing solutions to business through test automation and performance testing for cost savings. Activities involved Automation Architecture/Framework design, POC, develop performance/ automation methodologies.
- Expertise as a QA Program Manager for projects involving Specialized Test Automation (GUI, Middleware, Backend, Web services (API) and SOA), Manual Testing (Team Size: 80) comprising of Web, Client/Server and Mainframe Applications.
- Strong knowledge in all phases of software development and testing lifecycle methodologies (SDLC/STLC/Agile/TDD/BDD).
- Test Management: Test Process Improvement, Metrics measurement and analysis, quality improvement and cost reduction, Test estimation and capacity planning.
- Proven experience in establishing teams, mentoring and providing direction to leads, analyst and team members, build professional relationships with business partners, project management, development, operations teams and all stakeholders in the projects.
- Management of multiple enterprise applications and projects.
- Project Scope Management: Works with project sponsors and customers to define business benefits, business requirements and project scope.
- Project Time Management: Defines project schedule, manages task assignments, tracks work against the schedule.
- Project Cost Management: Facilitates level of effort estimating and reports on actuals against forecast and Manages change control against scope and its impacts to time, cost, and quality, ROI (Return of Investment).
- Project Quality Management: Provides guidance and direction on project methodology and best practices to our client’s standard project methodology.
- Defines and manages project success/delivery criteria and monitors and reports on the realization of project success against criteria set.
- Project Risk Management: Define risk management plan for analyzing the risk for criticality, probability and impact and follow through on mitigation plans for risks and resolution of emerging issues.
- Detailed and measurable team specific work plans, status reports, and WIRID (risk, issue decision) items that align to guidelines from QA PM and drive team reporting.
- Adherence to quality processes, procedures and industry standards.
- Effective and consistent representation of QA standards and procedures across Core Testable Programs.
- Excellent management skills, demonstrated proficiency in hiring, leading and mentoring individuals to maximize levels of productivity while forming cohesive team environments.
- Extensive knowledge of CMMI and Six Sigma processes.
- Experienced in Telecom, Mobile, Banking & Financial, Insurance and Healthcare, Life Science & Pharmacy, CPG domain, Embedded Systems and E-Commerce with clients including GEMED, Coca-Cola, MetLife Insurance, GILEAD Sciences Inc. and BT-UK.
- Specialized Embedded Systems Testing.
- Experience with validation protocols and reports (IQ/OQ/PQ).
- Drive continuously through Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA).
- An expert on Cucumber/JIRA/Rally/TFS/ALM.
- Creating CoE for Software Testing Practice.
- Technology Introduction/ Enhancement.
- Best Practices & Process Improvement.
- SCRUM/TDD/BDD Driven Agile Process.
- Cost Control/ ROI/KPI.
- Distributed Complex Integration System Testing.
- Corrective Action and Preventative Actions (CAPAs).
- API’s(Web-services) Testing.
Software QA Manager
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Experience: 4 Years
- Projects: Mobile Apps – Member, Service Provider
- Role: Test Manager
- Team Size: 8
- Key Functional Areas: Snapfix, Search, Local Deals, Member review tracking, Messaging, Entitlement etc.
- Environment: Mac, JIRA, Ios, Android, Salesforce
- Review/Understand user stories for mobile apps Member, Service Provider.
- Create and execute test cases for the user stories.
- Compatibility testing on iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5S, iPad Air, IOS8, IOS7, Android Phones and Tablets on Lollipop, KitKat.
- Validate Location-based search and compare the results with website search results.
- Performance testing on 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi networks.
- Compatibility testing in Landscape, Portrait modes on all above devices.
- Validate messaging between Member, Service Provider and Concierge, using apps.
- Validate notifications received on IOS, ANDROID devices.
- Validate attaching images from the camera, library.
- Backend integration with SalesForce.
- Estimate and obtain management support for the time, resources and budget required to perform the QA function.
- Define QA strategy and obtain sign-off from project stakeholders.
- Assess the QA risks and monitor to mitigate using the scientific approach.
- Liaison with PM, DEV, BA and BUSINESS.
- Delegate tasks to the team and track the progress.
Software QA Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Experience: 6 Years
- Tools: Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye, Zephyr; QASymphony qTest; Selenium Grid (as Product Owner); Neustar BrowserMob.
- Hands-on testing of the web-based and mobile version of the Networkfleet application.
- A key member of R&D innovation proof of concept projects.
- Product Owner for QA automation.
- Directed the launch of a Selenium Grid test automation framework, roadmap, and milestones for performance testing.
- Created an agile scenario-based framework reducing testing time >75% to meet a 2-week sprint and release cadence.
- Launched the integration of AppSpider security scans into automation sprints
- Originated the CI roadmap that achieved enhanced automated smoke test runs immediately at build time, and automated regression test suites that run on nightly, weekly, and sprintly schedules.
- Accountable for CapEx and OpEx proposals, managing the QA budget, and reporting ROI.
- Responsible for vendor relationships, proof of concept demos, purchases of QA tools and hardware.
- Established an onsite team of 12 automation and manual QA direct reports.
- Managed three multimillion-dollar SOWs and T&M engagements of 12 offsite contractors.
- Leveraged offshore resources to achieved “follow-the-sun” testing for cross-functional teams in San Diego and Atlanta.
- Responsible for knowledge-transfer and full hand-off to a third-party offshore company.
Software QA Manager
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Experience: 15 Years
- Over 12 years of experience in software management.
- Managing Quality Assurance group at Network Appliance.
- QA manager for Grid Computing and System Management at SUN Microsystems.
- Worked with Fortune 500 companies for custom features and test requirements.
- Extensive experience with test automation and verification.
- Remote management of team members in US, China, and India.
Responsibilities and Achievements:
- Built System test group from 2 to 18 members team to verify the product at the system level using customer use cases, workload/workflows from Fortune 500 companies
- Hired engineers with the correct skill set to architect, develop and execute test scenarios.
- Developed cross-functional activities with other functional QA teams to ensure that workload patterns verify various aspects of requirements defined in Product Requirement Document.
- Delivered several test case scenarios to test various aspects of ONTAP OS like WAFL file system, Data Protection, SnapMirror, FlexCache, NFS, CIFS, HA, NIC (1/10Gb) and others.
- Interacted with major customers, different business units, and product marketing to understand various product features, use of the product, and identifying test gaps and generating requirements for test case development.
Software QA Manager
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Experience: 8 years
- Within the Storage Platform organization, managed a geographically dispersed team of 20+ Test and Automation Engineers.
- Orchestrated assignments of people and work to ensure that all business commitments are met on time and with a high degree of quality.
- Engaged with stakeholders to define and prioritize new features for multiple storage solutions.
- Worked with cross-functional teams to determine project requirements, test schedules and negotiate deliverables.
- Prior to the start of Program Increment (PI), identified risks and dependencies, ensure the backlog is prioritized and prepared for the next four iterations.
- Achieve team commitment to the PI Plan.
- Fostered environment where the teams are self-organized and promote learning.
- Created execution plans based on critical customer problems and drove quality to meet upper management’s goals.
- Architected the transition of QA and Development Teams from Waterfall to SAFe Scrum methodologies at a sustainable pace.
- Conducted salary and promotion planning based on performance ratings.
- Managed budget for lab equipment and contingent workers.
- Architected and executed an Automation strategy to transition to CI/CD DevOps methodologies.
- Created automated smoke results immediately upon completion of builds.
Software QA Manager
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Experience: 5 Years
- Owner and leader of test (Functional, A/B testing, Data validations, Test automation) for Content redesign, UI/UX and QA along with PMO for Intranet portal redesign and Employee Triad applications.
- Standardized and successfully managed large-scale migration projects for Intranet (Lotus Notes to SharePoint) and Sales applications (existing Baan to Web ERP system) – for scope, delivery schedules, stakeholder communication and risk management.
- Evangelized and standardized test process management including systems/data analysis, test design, test cycles, turnover to production, acceptance criteria, review schedules and test reports across global QA teams.
- Established best practices in the use and integration of regression testing and project management methods and tools (Agile and Waterfall).
- Developed automation framework and successfully implemented automation scripts for testing resulting in over 90% time-saving in testing cycle time for regression for business-critical applications.
- Formulated and handled the automation testing architecture for scheduled test runs and remote testing by setting up new and shared test boxes for various environments.
- Continuous coordination and communication with stakeholders and design team for end-to-end project lifecycle and post-production implementation, support and continuous improvement cycles.
- Successfully implemented across regions and spearheading the initiative for adapting TFS for test management and consolidating the entire ALM process within IS department.
- Mentor and a key member in the recruitment of NCGs including the development of training modules.
- Eye for detail.
- Good knowledge Agile and Test Methodologies.
- Possess the ability to inspire/mentor QA teams.
- Possess the ability to convince others when change is required.
- Presentation and technology lead skills Results-oriented person.
- Planned and organized approach towards work.
- Familiarity with the tools, concepts and methodologies of quality management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good team handling abilities.
Software QA Manager
Location: Houston, TX
Experience: 6 Years
- Led a team of 15 testers; 5 in Houston, 5 in India and 5 in China, building the SWQA division from the ground up, defining and implementing QA practices that ensured applications developed were fully tested to avoid impacts to the user community.
- Implemented use of Automated and Manual QA tools within an agile development methodology to quickly and effectively eliminate issues detected during software validation. Utilized the use of HP testing tool for Regression testing.
- Oversaw all Software QA test activities including the design, development and execution of test strategies and plans. Debugged and supported testing. Performed impact and gap analysis while monitoring and instructing testing resources on proper procedures to ensure team compliance.
- Coordinate the implementation of all software releases/updates of supported web-based and mobile applications.
- Led daily Scrum meetings in the absence of IT Development Director.
- Partnered with IT Development Director to define the bi-monthly agile sprints for the Development and QA teams.
- Solely implemented the use of Quality Center as a standards tool to support defined testing methodologies brought to HP.
- Responsible for leading all QA tasks including data conversions, data migrations and applications retirements associated with the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) project and EDW reporting using Business Objects.
- Managed defect tracking system and triage defects with stakeholders including clients.
- Coordinated testing of new software releases to ensure integration into company products meets the functional requirement, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Communicated test progress, test results and other relevant information to project stakeholders and executive management.
- Managed all members of the QA team, and ensure that aggressive deadlines are met.
- Trained, coached, and mentored QA staffs.
- Developed test plans and test case specification for verification and validation of customized products per specific configuration requirements by customers.
- Performed functional integration test, regression test, integration test and UAT coordination released products
- Environment: Selenium, TFS, ASP, .NET, HTML, XML, QTP, QC 10.0, Visual Basic, C++, Java, J2EE, SQL Server, SharePoint, and .NET WebSphere.
- CI/CD Practices.
- R&D Open Source Tools.
- Exceeds ROI Expectation.
- Cross-Functional Team Leadership.
- BDD Test Automation.
- E-Commerce Tools/Platforms.
- Quality Test Cycles.
- Automation Framework Development.
- Social Media Outreach.
- Offshore/Onsite Resource Allocation.
Software QA Manager
Location: Raleigh, NC
Experience: 9 Years
- Leading QA team of 10 members Onsite & Offshore, resolving day- to day technical issues and scheduling project timelines and tracking project milestones QA deliverables.
- Defined automation Test Strategy/ Test plan for GUI/ API Test automation.
- Increased the Test coverage by 50 % by conducting white box testing and code coverage using Magellan code coverage tool.
- Mentored QA team in Transition from Manual to Automation testing and reducing the effort by 50 % for regression testing.
- Designed BDD and ATDD automation framework for UI & REST API Testing using selenium web driver, Robot framework.
- Developed python job to fetch and update 1000+ files in Couch DB/Mem Cache reducing efforts by 70 %.
- Designed in-house web service mocking automation tool, totally eliminating dependency on actual production data.
- Implemented CI/CD process with Git &TeamCity and implemented one-click Build installation process using CHEF & Rundeck.
- Working with Drupal Content Management system and user-level customization.
- Coordinating with third party vendor for API design discussion and troubleshooting.
- Conducting product design reviews and creating Test Plan, Test Strategy.
- Managing issues/ escalations from the client/ Production and ensuring a logical closure.
- Creating weekly QA Status reports, Project Status reporting and reporting project status to the higher management.
- Analyzing automation scope for new releases, designing and creating Automation test frameworks for new releases.
- Configured site redirection configuration using F5 and SAML payload using Ping Federate to be consumed by third party vendors.
- Coordinating with Clients for all Activities in UAT to Testing efforts and sign off on UAT Testing.
- Creating and Maintaining Testbeds and setting up QA environment.
- Built a high-performance QA team by hiring, training and mentoring junior QA engineers.
- Troubleshooting Test environment issues and also support teams with Production Issues/ Bugs debugging and troubleshooting.
- Conducting one-on-one Team meetings, Yearly appraisal and goal setting for team members.
- Global Delivery (onsite-offshore model).
- QA & Testing Management.
- Test Architect.
- Test Consulting, QA&E Transformation.
- Thought Leadership.
- Executive Presentations.
- Managed Test Services & QCoE.
- Client Relationship Management.
- Capacity Planning.
- SDLC Methodologies (agile scrum & waterfall).
- Test Automation (Tools & Solutions).
- Test Data Management.
- Risk & Issues Management.
- Change Release Management.
- SQA Metrics.
- Project Reviews & Governance.
- People & Resource Management.
These are some sample Resumes/CV of Software QA Manager. With the help of these examples, you can create a well-crafted resume yourself. You can select any of the lines/sentences from these all examples. Combine them, edit them and use them to make an effective resume. These resume samples can help you decide what experience and accomplishments to include your resume. It also guides for the proper highlighting points.
There are more than 7400 active jobs online for the position of Software QA Manager in the USA. Find the job suitable to you and start applying with your fresh and updated Software QA Manager resume and improve your chances of getting the job.
Hope you got the information you were seeking for.
You can get similar articles related to career advice and much more, directly in your Email by subscribing here. [Click here to Subscribe]
Note: You will get a confirmation email. Click the link in the email to activate your subscription.
All the Best for your Future!