The Civil Supervisor is mostly appointed to supervise the various construction activities. They have to oversee the working of different construction projects. They need to supervise the workers, contractor and other agencies involved in the construction of buildings, roads, structures, architects, monuments, airports or bridges.
These professionals are appointed to check the various aspects of the construction. They have to comply with the clients and work in the project according to their specifications. They should know how to work with flexible hours and must finish the project in time. Having the general business skills is also beneficial along with the self-motivation and dedication to work.
The applicant must possess some technical knowledge and should be aware of safety guidelines while working on construction site. The employers usually choose the candidate with the civil engineering degree in their resumes. It is not compulsory to have the previous work experience or training but having worked on the on-project is always beneficial.
Civil Supervisor Resume Sample
743 Xyz Abc Road.
Chicago, IL – xxxxx
Email: email@example.com | Home: xxx-xxx-xxxx | Mobile: xxx-xxx-xxxx
To work in an organization providing good growth prospect, Safe working environment, safe working procedure and excellent job satisfaction from a safety point of view.
1) Civil Supervisor
ABC Constructions – New York, NY
June 2014 to June 2016
- Maintained work packages, resolved conflicts and issues, removed all roadblocks to ensure a successful project completion. Supervised pipefitters, ironworkers, carpenters, laborers, electricians, sheet metal workers, and painters.
- Checking of all civil works that carried out by the sub-contractors like fabrication and installation of structural steel bar as well as concreting and finishing works.
- Completed all work on schedule with zero safety incidents.
- Maintained time records, production records, inventory data, repair statistics, and test results.
- Day to day basis supervision & inspection of all civil works as per company standards.
- Direct and guide Technicians to their respective assigned duties.
- Reports daily activities to the Project Engineer.
2) Safety Officer
ABC Constructions – New York, NY
May 2013 to May 2014
- Conduct safety meeting regularly.
- Regularly conducting Tool Box Meeting for Workers and supervisors.
- Preparation of Daily, Weekly, safety reports returns for submission to client.
- Ensure Emergency Action Plan, PPE’s procedures, and Safety Contingency Plans.
- Emergency Evacuation, Fire Fighting, Workers & staffs induction Training Programs Conducted.
- Ensure the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) by all employees.
- Planning of day to day activities.
- Daily Reporting to Safety Manager on all Work & Safety activities.
3) Civil Technician
ABC Constructions – Raleigh, NC
January 2011 to February 2012
- Helped in different activities to solving problem and scheduling.
- Trained the staff on safety training.
- Helped supervisor to minimize workload.
- Communicated with the supervisor if there any problem.
- Ordered materials and supplies as per requirement.
Certificate in IASP
XYZ Institute – Chicago, IL
Diploma in Civil Technology
ABC University – Chicago, IL
2010 to 2012
Skills and Strengths
- Excellent in communication so able to handle any type of staff.
- Excellent in time management.
- Able to handle multi tasks simultaneously.
- Good Knowledge of Materials, technical and construction.
- Excellent work planning skills.
- Well verse with safety procedure.
- Excellent organizational skill.
— References Available upon Request —
Properly writing roles, responsibilities, and skills in Civil Supervisor’s Resume is very important. It is because the employer or the recruiter will check them to judge your capabilities. Mostly, the points of the job duties performed will come under the section of work experience in the Civil Supervisor’s Resume. Whereas you can mention your skills within the skill section. The other key or highlighting points can be noted separately.
To get the job, making an accurate resume having precise points is necessary. Hence, here are few shorter examples which will give you a better idea about how to write roles, responsibilities, skills and work experience in the resume for the position of Civil Supervisor.
From our resume database, I have gathered few examples. These resumes are selected on basis of different location and experience level. These Civil Supervisor Resume samples of professionals will give you provide with a hint when you are writing your resume. You can change the points according to your location and experience level.
Check these Civil Supervisor resume samples. I hope you will find something interesting and valuable from these examples.
Few More Civil Supervisor Resume Sample:
Location: New York, NY
Experience: 4 Years
- Planning and execution of work according to Isometric drawing.
- Monitoring of construction activities as per company policies.
- Testing materials and proper way unloading material site.
- Preparing measurement sheets bar bending schedules for reinforcement steel etc.
- Co-ordination with client and sub-contractor for getting approval for material to be used at site.
- Co-ordination with MEP department.
- Providing Technical guidance to subcontractor’s personals.
- Executing the work with accuracy up to 5mm and less.
- Site monitoring and inspection.
- Organizing labor, equipment, consumable material tools and PPE etc.
- To submit Report to management on the progress of the work.
- Manhole fabrication and installation as per drawing level and location.
- Curve stonework installation as per level and alignment.
- Drainage line as per level and slope maintain.
- Interlock work.
- MS Office.
- Auto CAD.
- Planning & Co-ordination skills.
- Self-Motivated & Confident.
- Hardworking, Honest, Co-operative & ambitious.
- High degree of Adaptability.
Location: Seattle, IL
Experience: 2 Years
- Supervision of all item of Building construction works.
- Daily work program according to master program.
- Estimating and costing.
- Manpower handling.
- Ensure high quality works as in specification.
- Supervision of road construction work (project of Roads and High-way).
- Road & pavement work in Roads & Highway department.
- Road diversion work and also ensure safety for workers.
- Supervision of underground cable line (Project of T&T).
- Supervision Test pit, Manhole, Han hole and Utility Diversion work.
- Supervision of installation of deep tube-well (Project of Civil Aviation).
- Successfully Execution of construction works as per specification.
Location: Aztec, NM
Experience: 4 Years
- Strong leadership skills in developing teamwork to complete projects on time and under budget.
- Establishing solid client rapport.
- Ensuring client satisfaction with uncompromised safety at the forefront.
- Proven problem-solving abilities and pride in workmanship.
- Supervise civil construction including compressor blocks, gas cooler foundations and associated structures.
- Assist with preparation of project bids.
- Design Layouts of Civil Projects and Associated Pipe Projects.
- Completing Surveying.
- Interpret & Utilize Mechanical & Civil Blueprints.
- Precise Elevation & Coordinates with Digital Theodolite.
- Form Construction and Setting.
- Machine Finishing of Concrete.
- Epoxy & Cementitious Grouting.
- Anchor Bolt Placement.
- Steel Rebar Tying, Setting.
- Setting Heavy Equipment, Compressors, Generators, etc.
Location: NewYork, NY
Experience: 4 Years
- Supervising site works such as setting out, excavation of foundation, blinding, construction of concrete foundation in accordance with design drawings and project specification for concrete works.
- Ensuring that procedure in the method statement for every work are carried out.
- Preparing Material Takeoff.
- Preparing Weld Map Drawings.
- Interpret design and scope of work to team members.
- Controlling and delegating work to team members.
- Preparing Weekly Progress Report for Civil Department.
- Open minded and able to work in complex projects and environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize the work.
- Ability to accomplish and submit reports on or before the deadline.
- Proficient in Computer skills.
Location: Chicago, IL
Experience: 3 Years
- Plan and report requirements for manpower, materials and equipment.
- Co-ordinate works with other supervisor, contracts and contractors on a daily basis to minimize work interferences.
- Monitor and control progress of construction work within the schedule for the assigned area.
- Organize and direct the workforce to accomplish construction in an efficient, effective and safe manner.
- Inspect materials and equipment as installed for compliance with contract plans and specification.
- Discuss and assess problems encountered by the staff on site.
- Maintain a properly detailed and accurate diary of the construction work accomplished.
- Ensure that the project is carried out to the highest standard of work, to the clients’ satisfaction and regulation.
- Ensure that no work outside the scope of our contract is carried out without prior written approval from the client.
- Monitor staff on site with regard to overall personal development and ensure that the foreman is fully conversant with the program.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Experience: 6 Years
- Manages sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors.
- Monitoring and controlling performance.
- Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, and disciplining employees.
- Communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions.
- Recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews.
- Implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Resolving problems.
- Identifying construction management system improvements.
Location: Rockdale, TX
Experience: 4 Years
- Responsible for all aspects of excavation and backfill to finish grade.
- Direct supervision of a multi-skilled crew while also being responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the plant civil supervisory duties.
- Responsible for strategic planning with the 4-week overview and daily P.O.D.
- Ensured that established policies, rules, regulations and procedures were followed.
- Supervised all equipment operators/cycle time deliverables and complied with all safety, quality and housekeeping standards.
- Conferred with Engineers regarding operational cost reductions and continuous improvement.
- Participated in and presented daily safety quality talks.
- Participated in the hiring and dismissal process.
- Established and adjusted work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel.
Location: Andover, MA
Experience: 5 Years
- Create non-conformity reports for subcontractors.
- Write and submit assorted reports/forms for job books.
- Maintain photographic records of civil/electrical construction.
- Grant payments to subcontractors for completed work.
- Analyze contracts/support documents for Project Completion.
- Authorize RFI for various contractors.
- Inspect and compare work completed to project plans.
- Track, reconcile and adjust contractor schedules.
- Dependable, hardworking and punctual worker.
- Strong leader who leads by example.
- Persistent, detail oriented, and results-driven employee.
- 10+ years of computer networking, IT, and troubleshooting.
Location: Houston, TX
Experience: 3 Years
- Manage time and progress of work.
- Evaluate plans and specifications to provide accurate takeoffs.
- Prepare concrete and steel cost estimates and bids.
- Maintain relations with vendors and general contractors.
- Oversee rental and purchasing equipment.
- Review changes in work and prepare change orders.
- Motivate and train crew in safe work practices.
- Collaborate work with client and other contractors.
- Willingness to work under pressure both individually and as a part of a team.
- Excellent knowledge in lift installation and maintenance.
- Good interpersonal skills and adaptable to new people and environment.
- Adaptability & innovation Continuous Learning
Experience: 6 Years
- Experience in construction of Residential Building / Commercial Complexes / High Rise Buildings.
- Drafting the 2D and 3D plans for site engineers.
- Experience in analyzing the Drawings.
- Reviewed the various plans and engineering drawings to ensure that the work process is followed in accordance to the plans.
- Prepared all the required paperwork and maintained it in office.
- Clearing the punch list of items and reported any discrepancies to the Quality Engineer / Manager.
- Able to collaborate effectively with construction manager’s project managers and engineers.
- Above-average understanding of safety regulations rules and practices.
- Excellent monitoring of safety and workmanship practices.
- Casting foundations for the electric tower work.
- Constructing the unit substations, and office buildings.
- Laying concrete/earth road work for the material movement like tower sections etc.
- Creating the platform for tower erection, crane assembly etc.
- Survey the lands for the tower installation purpose and pathway also.
- Ensure all hard copy and electronic databases are initiated and maintained.
- Understanding of applicable codes, standards and inspection in various disciplines.
- Ensuring the Safe Working Environment for everyone at the site.
- Experience in Manpower Management for all construction activities.
- Regular Co-ordination with Superiors about the project to complete the work in time and better way.
- Experience in checking contractor’s bill and certifying them.
- In-Depth knowledge and experience in Quantity Surveying to prepare the B.O.Q for the construction workers.
- Excellent communication skills, highly motivated and with an aptitude for success.
- Good at teamwork can get with any work environment.
These are some sample Resumes/CV of Civil Supervisor. With the help of these examples, you can create a well-crafted resume yourself. You can select any of the lines/sentences from these all examples. Combine them, edit them and use them to make an effective resume. These resume samples can help you decide what experience and accomplishments to include your resume. It also guides for the proper highlighting points.
There are more than 1250 active jobs online for the position of Civil Supervisor in the USA. Find the job suitable to you and start applying with your fresh and updated Civil Supervisor resume and improve your chances of getting the job.
Hope you got the information you were seeking for.
You can get similar articles related to career advice and much more, directly in your Email by subscribing here. [Click here to Subscribe]
Note: You will get a confirmation email. Click the link in the email to activate your subscription.
All the Best for your Future!