Every house needs at least one professional care provider that will deliver and maintain a safe and nurturing setting for children and toddlers. Given the undeniable need for parents to go on with their day-to-day work schedules, having a professional nanny would help ensure that their children are still receiving enough care and attention. If you’re interested in taking on this position, here are some of the important things you need to know.
Nature of Job
There are many roles that come with being a professional childcare provider. Generally, nannies are tasked to perform all necessary activities related to children’s care, such as supervising them, bringing them to school, ensuring a clean and tidy home setting, preparing nutritious food, and maintaining a caring and nurturing environment.
Average Job Rates
The average job rates when working as a professional childcare provider vary greatly depending on several factors. This includes whether you’re taking a live-in or live-out position, the schedule of your job, the duties that the family requires, and your educational background.
However, in most cases, nannies are expected to receive $14.78 per hour in the United States, £9.80 per hour in the UK, CA$13 per hour in Canada, AU$21.61 per hour in Australia, and R37.50 per hour in South Africa.
In most cases, people are required to present a high school diploma, GED, or any suitable equivalent to apply as a childcare provider. Although not all households require having related work experiences, most families choose to have nannies that have a diverse and long experience in the job.
Usually, people who take on the role of nanny are expected to have a pleasant disposition, comprehensive knowledge of housekeeping and home safety, caring attitude towards children, and an abundant reserve of patience.
How to Find Nanny Job Vacancies Near Home
In order to find nanny job vacancies near you, you must make a clear and impressive resume that indicates your skills and experiences related to the job. This way, employers can easily identify what separates you from the rest of the applicants. Today, most recruiters are utilizing online platforms to find the best candidates for the position. Some of the most popular websites that can help you find nanny job vacancies near your residence include the ones below.
This employment-related search engine helps connect you to millions of job opportunities around the globe. It presents a broad range of job titles and put them all in one place to allow job seekers to find the position they want, anywhere they want. The website, which is recognized to be the leading job site in the world, enables visitors to limit their searches by indicating specific keywords, job titles, company names, locations, and expected salaries.
Known to be one of the oldest job sites in the world, Monster presents a wide range of available job opportunities across different locations. Just like with Indeed, visitors can narrow their job search in Monster by typing in their preferred location, keywords, and employer preference.
CareerBuilder offers a wide variety of job titles to its more than 24 million monthly visitors. It enables users to search for their desired position, post their resumes, and access different job alerts conveniently. It is available in over 60 different countries worldwide.
Government Sites & Programs
Aside from the given sites above, there are also programs put forth by the government that will help you find available nanny job vacancies in your area. Some of these include the ones below.
- United States – If you’re living in the U.S., you can visit Career One Stop to search for available nanny job vacancies.
- United Kingdom – You can visit gov.uk to search for possible job vacancies as a childcare provider in the UK. The site enables visitors to find full or part-time jobs in England, Scotland, and Wales.
- Canada – If you’re looking for nanny job vacancies in Canada, you can visit their Employment and Social Development site by browsing through the www.canada.ca website. This presents a variety of tools and features that enable you to find the job of your choice.
- Australia – Australia’s Jobs Fair presents thousands of available employment opportunities to its locals – be it in New South Wales, Sydney, Victoria, Melbourne, Queensland, Western Australia, Perth, or Brisbane.
- South Africa – The South African Government’s official site includes its very own Finding a Job page which enables locals to discover different job openings across the country.
Ready to take on the role of a professional childcare provider? With the right platforms and tips, finding the right employer couldn’t be any easier. Use this article as a guide to finding the best nanny job in town!