The main job responsibility of the Investment Banker is offer advice on various financial strategies to clients. They are hired to consult the customers helping them raise money for their individual business or for the corporate companies.
The basic tasks listed in the resume of the Investment Bankers is to study and analyze the financial reports of clients. The hired candidate also has to perform duties which include investigating financial resources of clients, preparing the client reports, make the presentation.
The applicants also have to attend meetings and sent proposals for city councils as well county commissions. The applying candidate must have bachelor’s degree or the advanced degree in the relevant field. Undertaking some training or having previous work experience is beneficial.
Investment Banker Resume Sample
743 Xyz Abc Road.
Chicago, IL – xxxxx
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Home: xxx-xxx-xxxx | Mobile: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Finance enthusiast who adapts seamlessly to constantly evolving finance processes and technology. Special interest in financial reporting, corporate tax planning, financial planning, and analysis.
1) Investment Banker
May 20011 to 2018
- Performed bookkeeping/accounting duties, including accounts payable and receivable, reconciliations, payroll tax and GST.
- Make Critical Investment Decisions for long and short term Business.
- Prepared financial reports including BAS.
- Managed the database accurately and kept it up-to-date.
- Maintained confidential records and files Created documents, Excel spreadsheets, and brochures.
- Managed internal and external correspondence and emails.
- Provided customer service and handled customer queries.
- Reported directly to the chief accountant and owner.
- Assisted accounting staff in managing accounts receivable/payable and end-of-month reconciliation, Remitted cheques and cash to the bank.
- Made purchases, preparing invoices and keeping track of overdue accounts.
- Maintained confidential documents and records.
- Kept detailed and accurate accounting records and ensured compliance with current legislation.
- Helped to design and create camp brochures, resulting in cost savings.
- Worked closely and harmoniously with other staff.
2) Investment Banker
ABC Trust Bank
November 2000 to January 2011
- Develop and present appropriate financial solutions to clients by addressing financial needs.
- Visits local businesses and participates in community organizations through committees and board assignments to expand the network of contacts.
- Supports and helps lead branch management in educating team members around affluent and small business segments.
- Practices self-development through participating in One-on-One coaching utilizing company coaching and developing workbook and taking action on development action plan conversations.
- Focuses on putting the customer first by ensuring all activities and behaviors are in support of the company’s code of ethics and business conduct, sales integrity policy and service guidelines.
Bachelor of Science in Finance
California State University Stanislaus Turlock, CA
Skills and Strengths
- Good communication skills.
- Team Player.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working and eager to learn.
- Reliable and trustworthy, with a strong work ethic and values.
- Strong technical proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Good Experience in QuickBooks.
— References Available upon Request —
Properly writing roles, responsibilities, and skills in Investment Banker’s Resume is very important. It is because the employer or the recruiter will check them to judge your capabilities. Mostly, the points of the job duties performed will come under the section of work experience in the Investment Banker’s Resume. Whereas you can mention your skills within the skill section. The other key or highlighting points can be noted separately.
To get the job, making an accurate resume having precise points is necessary. Hence, here are few shorter examples which will give you a better idea about how to write roles, responsibilities, skills and work experience in the resume for the position of Investment Banker.
From our resume database, I have gathered few examples. These resumes are selected on basis of different location and experience level. These Investment Banker Resume samples of professionals will give you provide with a hint when you are writing your resume. You can change the points according to your location and experience level.
Check these Investment Banker resume samples. I hope you will find something interesting and valuable from these examples.
Few More Investment Banker Resume Sample:
Location – Duluth, GA
Experience – 8 Years
- Partnered in raising a total $40 million in capital for 11 banks through a private placement
- offerings from high net worth accredited individuals and institutional investors.
- Saved two struggling banks recently that was on the verge of FDIC shutdown.
- Researched potential bank clients through analysis of FDIC call reports and data from
- SNL Financial and Thompson Reuters.
- Contacted bank CEOs about CCA and its services, provided details of past successes, and to follow up until client engaged with CCA.
- Prepared bank valuations, analysis of current markets, and pricing of the stock offering.
- Managed on-site operations at banks to locate and solicit potential investors.
- Communicated persistently and tracked both potential and committed investors during the entire capital raise process.
- Created PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, institutional fact sheets, and other marketing materials to effectively communicate the offering to investors.
- Worked closely with senior bank management and met with the board of directors on monthly basis to provide strategic oversight and updates.
- Supervised new business development through strategic planning with bank CEOs, CFOs, and Boards of Directors, including potential merger situations.
- Skilled in managing and nurturing relationships.
- Conceptual and analytical skills, visionary.
- Skilled at influencing & negotiating at senior level.
- Proven client service & development expertise.
- Adept at handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly motivated, creative and goal oriented.
- Enthusiastic adaptable, reliable & committed.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strategic thinker and creative in finance solutions.
- Strong planning & project management abilities.
Location – New York, NY
Experience – 4 Years
- Successfully provided corporate finance advisory including strategic alternatives for shareholder value creation (merger of equals, portfolio optimization, separation/spin-off, asset sale, growth opportunities, industry developments), capital structure optimization, balance sheet restructuring and ratings advisory.
- Managed all aspects of transactions including complex financial modeling to evaluate financial and strategic alternatives, preparation of marketing/offering memorandum/board presentations/rating agency presentation, contacting potential purchasers and coordination due diligence process.
- Executed transaction including sell-side and buy-side M&A, committed acquisition financing, high yield offering, IPO, follow-on equity and convertible debt offering.
- Supported group efforts in developing client relationships and business development in multiple sectors.
Location – Atlanta, GA
Experience – 3 Years
- Work within the Investment Banking and Investment Advisory Groups.
- Providing analytical support for banking deals, sourcing Alternative investment managers and managing trust/fiduciary assets.
- Structure equity and debt capital raises for both public and private companies.
- Conduct the diligence and sourcing of Alternative Investment managers to the platform.
- Manage trust/fiduciary accounts for a select number of private clients.
Location – Chicago, IL
Experience – 5 Years
- Ensure my clients are financially successful by planning and implementing strategies tailored to their individual lifestyle needs.
- Help clients raise money in capital markets by issuing debt or selling equity in the companies.
- Persuade clients to move their assets (investment and banking) to JPMorgan to invest and consolidate their finances within one institution.
- Work with a team of financial advisors, business & commercial specialists, mortgage advisors and underwriters to help our clients in multiple forms within one entity.
- Build a book of clients of over 600.
Location – San Diego, CA
Experience – 4 Years
- Provided exceptional client service, while generated revenue opportunities for the firm of $600M.
- Developed client relationships and establish new accounts with routine follow up procedures to ensure accounts are funded.
- Partnered with various groups and departments to identify client needs and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with the ability to grasp and communicate complex trading transactions.
- Displayed strong interpersonal communication skills by communicating effectively across a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders.
- Built and maintained working relationships with external vendors to ensure vendor and client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated influencing skills of individuals, without direct oversight, in order to achieve positive process results.
- Documenting all client interaction to meet SEC, FINRA and AML requirements.
Location – Oklahoma City, OK
Experience – 2 Years
- Serve as the financial advisor in the development of comprehensive capital improvement financing.
- Assist communities in determining the best financial strategy to fund capital improvements.
- Prepare financing applications with appropriate financing agency.
- Develop and manage external relationships with banks, local communities, financial advisors, consulting engineers, bond counselors, and accountants.
Investment Banker (Consulting)
Location – Los Angeles, CA
Experience – 4 Years
- Connect global investors to companies in various stages seeking to raise funds through private offerings or M&A.
- Develop relationships with global institutional investors as well as entrepreneurs.
- Create a pitch for a new stock and present to prospective investors.
- Perform due diligence on company’s financial statements, capital structure, product or service lines.
- Create financial models for corporate valuation.
- Assist foreign companies that intended to go IPO in the United States in determining the most logical underwriter.
- Advise foreign company or VC shareholders on the issues needed to be addressed to become a U.S. listed company.
Location – Chicago, IL
Experience – 4 Years
- Investment banking specialized in international projects.
- Investment and follow up of export projects by French companies up to 250 employees.
- Investment up to 1.6 Million € per company.
- Management of export projects towards America, Asia and inside Europe.
- Objective of 20/1 Return on investment.
- Management of company portfolio.
- Constant contact with companies (phoning, mailing and direct interviews).
These are some sample Resumes/CV of Investment Banker. With the help of these examples, you can create a well-crafted resume yourself. You can select any of the lines/sentences from these all examples. Combine them, edit them and use them to make an effective resume. These resume samples can help you decide what experience and accomplishments to include your resume. It also guides for the proper highlighting points.
There are more than 12,500 active jobs online for the position of Investment Banker in the USA. Find the job suitable to you and start applying with your fresh and updated Investment Banker resume and improve your chances of getting the job.
Hope you got the information you were seeking for.
You can get similar articles related to career advice and much more, directly in your Email by subscribing here. [Click here to Subscribe]
Note: You will get a confirmation email. Click the link in the email to activate your subscription.
All the Best for your Future!