An Estimator is employed to analyze the different construction proposals, breakdown these recommendations, study the requirements and prerequisites with a specific target to deliver the final cost estimation to the client. The estimators have the most interesting job in the field of the construction. The hired candidate must have good knowledge bout the field and latest updates.
The work duties described in the basic resume of the Estimator are to collect the proposals, assemble the required papers, study the proposal, examine the details, compress data, summarize information, detect the errors, identity trends, update cost database, refresh the gathered data, and work to provide the best price of the bid.
The attempt must be give the optimal cost quotation keeping the profit quotient in mind. The most sought-after skills for this job are research abilities and capability for the analytical thinking. Most Estimators hold a degree in statistics or measurements, finance, economics, science, mathematics and different significant accreditation. Having previous experience is beneficial
Estimator Resume Sample
743 Xyz Abc Road.
Chicago, IL – xxxxx
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Home: xxx-xxx-xxxx | Mobile: xxx-xxx-xxxx
To obtain a position that will further my experience and utilize my knowledge that I obtained in +10 years at Shape Manufacturing. I am a quick learner, detail oriented, and a team player.
ABC Inc – Louisville, KY
March 2007 to Present
- Lead Estimator & Project Manager
- Reading, Understanding, Interpreting, and measuring out commercial construction blueprints.
- Reading and Understanding strict commercial construction specifications.
- Working with a team to ensure all strict deadlines are met.
- Communicating with customers to ensure all specifications are understood.
- Entering estimating data in Microsoft Excel & Access.
- Utilizing Microsoft word to generate customer quotes.
- Communicating with the controller to discuss and implement and changes that need to be made in the estimating process.
ABC High School – Louisville, KY
Skills and Strengths
- Well-developed social skills.
- Good Leadership skills.
- Hard worker, Committed to meeting deadlines in a timely manner.
- Attentive to detail and very conscientious.
- Reading and understanding construction blueprints.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Access & Excel) & Quick books.
— References Available upon Request —
Properly writing roles, responsibilities, and skills in Estimator’s Resume is very important. It is because the employer or the recruiter will check them to judge your capabilities. Mostly, the points of the job duties performed will come under the section of work experience in the Estimator’s Resume. Whereas you can mention your skills within the skill section. The other key or highlighting points can be noted separately.
To get the job, making an accurate resume having precise points is necessary. Hence, here are few shorter examples which will give you a better idea about how to write roles, responsibilities, skills and work experience in the resume for the position of Estimator.
From our resume database, I have gathered few examples. These resumes are selected on basis of different location and experience level. These Estimator Resume samples of professionals will give you provide with a hint when you are writing your resume. You can change the points according to your location and experience level.
Check these Estimator resume samples. I hope you will find something interesting and valuable from these examples.
Few More Estimator Resume Sample:
Location – Tucson, AZ
Experience – 8 Years
- Highly skilled sales and roofing professional with extensive experience installing and selling roofs and roofing products of various compositions and styles, including, modified, standing seam, shingles, tile, rooftop insulation and all types of built-up roofing and coatings.
- Unique ability to organize and motivate a team of employees to complete jobs of varying scopes and sizes.
- Quickly evaluate issues and respond in a timely, effective fashion to solve problems.
- Recognized for honor, commitment, tenacity, and reliability.
- Establish positive relationships with all types of clients such as, residential homeowners, subcontractors, general contractors, architects, and a wide variety of custom home-builders to oversee projects successful completion.
- Provided oversight and management of 20 field and office handling, residential, commercial, industrial and custom home roofing jobs throughout the Tucson Area.
- Controlled all aspects of the business, including hiring and directing labor, cost estimating, supervising and adhering to budgets, coordinating projects and interfacing with clients; elevating sales to approximately $3.2 million annually.
- Strong leadership and Sales capabilities.
- Timely project through completion.
- Interpersonal Communication.
- Client Relationship Development.
Location – Chicago, IL
Experience – 5 Years
- Perform informative and accurate walk around of all vehicles with customer, explain work performed and determine time for completion of repairs.
- Responsible for writing thorough estimates.
- Coordinate with dealers and insurance companies.
- Responsible for ensuring that all estimates for repairs are accurate, fair and in accordance with work outlined by insurance company requirements.
- Follow automobile industry safety norms and standards.
- Manage the communication with the customer regarding the repair process and costs.
- Plan and organize own workload.
- Complete complex insurance paperwork and explaining the claims process to clients.
- Provide expertise and recommendations to customers regarding their vehicle.
Location – Indianapolis, IN
Experience – 3 Years
- Greet customers promptly and in a timely manner to accurately determine customer’s needs while ensuring a high degree of customer service.
- Inspects, analyzes, and evaluates damaged vehicles to create a comprehensive and accurate estimate of repair.
- Responsible for maintaining positive relationships with insurance agents, dealerships, fleet accounts and other customers.
- Keeps insurance adjusters, production staff and customers informed regarding the status of the vehicle repair.
- Write supplements and negotiates with insurer.
- Responsible for keeping all assigned Repair Order (RO) current and accurate throughout the repair process.
- Also, assist the manager with vacation schedules, PTO schedule as needed.
Location – Triadelphia, WV
Experience – 3 Years
- Read construction drawings and specifications in order to calculate material and labor expenses.
- Relied upon to submit bids to subcontractors on time.
- Attended meetings and discussed scope of work with subcontractors regularly.
- Communicated with subcontractors regarding lead times and project milestones.
- Engineering Hydrology.
- Soil Mechanics.
- Safety and Environmental Management.
- Construction Engineering.
Location – Tucson, AZ
Experience – 6 Years
- Inspect problem roofs to determine the best repair procedures.
- Apply reflective roof coatings, such as special paints or single-ply roofing sheets, to existing roofs to reduce solar heat absorption.
- Cover exposed nailheads with roofing cement or caulking to prevent water leakage or rust.
- Install skylights on roofs to increase natural light inside structures or to reduce energy costs.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates.
- Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People.
- Processing Information.
- Interacting with Computers.
Location – Brooklyn, NY
Experience – 4 Years
- Conduct initial analysis of drawings and specs to ensure required documentation is complete and available for estimating.
- Prepare and assemble all subcontractors and vendors bid solicitation packages.
- Read and interpret project specifications and documents.
- Prepare requests for information letters (RFIs).
- Respond to all subcontractors’ request for Information.
- Participate in the development of bid strategies and presentation meetings.
- Gather information to determine proper system components from internal and vendor resources.
- Produce and prepare sub-trade scopes of work, along with quantity take-offs, (divisions 2-16) in accordance with drawings and specification.
- Resolve questions from subcontractors prior to submission of final estimate.
- Attend offsite pre-construction meetings during the bid process.
- Act as liaison between the sub-contractors and Architects.
- Coordinate, compare and document all submitted quotes, scopes and estimates.
- Prepare cost reconciliation between two or more estimates and explain cost variance.
- Assist management team in the execution of contracts.
- Assist management in Facilitating change orders.
- Prepare estimates from awarded projects for buyout and purchase order contracts.
- Utilize appropriate software programs to calculate, track and record all estimates.
Location – New Iberia, LA
Experience – 9 Years
- Inspect damaged vehicles and determines cost of repairs.
- Communicate directly with customers to determine collision repair solutions.
- Consult with auto body technicians to determine appropriate repair methodology.
- Collaborate with insurance carriers to reach agreed prices for services.
- Ensure guidelines are met per service agreement with select insurance providers.
- Reviewed RFP (Request for Proposal) packages.
- Generated estimated project costs.
- Collected vendor rates for third party services and equipment.
- Devised cost reduction alternatives.
- Composed day rate proposals.
- Assembled and submitted bid packages.
These are some sample Resumes/CV of Estimator. With the help of these examples, you can create a well-crafted resume yourself. You can select any of the lines/sentences from these all examples. Combine them, edit them and use them to make an effective resume. These resume samples can help you decide what experience and accomplishments to include your resume. It also guides for the proper highlighting points.
There are more than 9900 active jobs online for the position of Estimator in the USA. Find the job suitable to you and start applying with your fresh and updated Estimator resume and improve your chances of getting the job.
Hope you got the information you were seeking for.
You can get similar articles related to career advice and much more, directly in your Email by subscribing here. [Click here to Subscribe]
Note: You will get a confirmation email. Click the link in the email to activate your subscription.
All the Best for your Future!