The main work responsibility of the Construction Coordinator is to manage and supervise the staff on the construction project site. The hired candidate has to also oversee the supply of the stock and allocate resources for each construction site.
The work activities mentioned in the resume of a typical Construction Coordinator are to estimate the cost, bid the quotations, negotiate contracts, determine the material quantity, hire subcontractors, get construction work permits, and implement various safety measures.
The most sought-after skills for this position are supervisory qualities and leadership abilities. The applicants must also demonstrate college degree in building science or civil engineering their resume. Having previous work experience in project management is beneficial for the job.
Construction Coordinator Resume Sample
743 Xyz Abc Road.
Chicago, IL – xxxxx
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Home: xxx-xxx-xxxx | Mobile: xxx-xxx-xxxx
To re-direct and re-focus my professional growth, while part of a professional team that is enthusiastic about-facing challenges and producing positive results. Drawing upon experience and past training to prove my readiness to make a lasting and significant contribution towards ongoing organizational excellence.
1) Construction Coordinator
XYZ Compay – New Orleans, LA
August 2010 to Present
- Strong experience in a variety of projects such as Clinical Laboratory, Office space, HVAC, Fire protection, Audio and Visual Installation, Dining Space, Lounge, and Classrooms, etc.
- Responsible for programming and scoping of the project as well as providing cost estimates and feasibility studies of the construction and maintenance aspects of the projects.
- Design and prepare highly accurate specification/drawings for renovation and construction projects to include communications with architects, contractors, deans and various department heads across campus.
- Directly manage general contractor and various subcontractors on multiple projects to successful completion through review of work schedules, resolution of obstacles, meeting budgets and accountability to deadlines.
- Responsible for review/approve submittals, shop drawings, safety inspection, and final inspection with State Fire Marshall upon completion of the projects.
- Assist in the planning, management, and coordination of existing renovation and new construction projects throughout the Dental Campus and Downtown Campus of the university.
2) Construction Coordinator
ABC Company – New Orleans, LA
August 2006 to May 2010
- Maintain, update and archive auto cad drawings for the entire campus.
- Provide scope and budget for carpet and flooring installation projects.
- Perform inspection and prepare punch list for completed renovation projects.
- Keep a daily log of all campus elevator issues and troubleshoot situations.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
Skills and Strengths
- Highly efficient in Auto Cad and MS Office.
- Extensive knowledge of IT network and computer hardware.
- EI Certified.
- In process of obtaining Professional Engineering license.
— References Available upon Request —
Properly writing roles, responsibilities, and skills in Construction Coordinator’s Resume is very important. It is because the employer or the recruiter will check them to judge your capabilities. Mostly, the points of the job duties performed will come under the section of work experience in the Construction Coordinator’s Resume. Whereas you can mention your skills within the skill section. The other key or highlighting points can be noted separately.
To get the job, making an accurate resume having precise points is necessary. Hence, here are few shorter examples which will give you a better idea about how to write roles, responsibilities, skills and work experience in the resume for the position of Construction Coordinator.
From our resume database, I have gathered few examples. These resumes are selected on basis of different location and experience level. These Construction Coordinator Resume samples of professionals will give you provide with a hint when you are writing your resume. You can change the points according to your location and experience level.
Check these Construction Coordinator resume samples. I hope you will find something interesting and valuable from these examples.
Few More Construction Coordinator Resume Sample:
Location – Chicago, IL
Experience – 8 Years
- Review work orders that are in process for Underground Construction.
- Operate Heavy Equipment Machinery for Constructional phases.
- Complete Detail records of assignments as well as daily work reports.
- Move all material safely and count for supplies.
- Maintain raw material, plate, and piping for weld shop.
- Quality Control working with parts that need to be repaired.
- Review blueprints to ensure the bill of material is correct.
- Outdoor work 60% Indoor Work 40%.
Location – Irvine, CA
Experience – 4 Years
- Coordinator responsible for the oversight of project budget and schedule of 100+ concurrent tenant improvement projects.
- Coordination of operations for numerous multimillion-dollar projects.
- Revision and optimization of processes for construction division; including contracts, document retention, spec suite design tracking, and capital project tracking.
- Routing vendor purchase orders, divisional project agreements, and short form contracts.
- Management of vendor billing throughout the project duration.
- Oversight of Irvine Company rebranding initiative projects.
- Complete project management for multiple spec suite projects from proposal to closeout; including preliminary pricing review, architectural drawing review, project budget and schedule, and closeout process.
- Manage and track all projects on the Project Status Report (PSR) for the management team for weekly review as well as monthly PSR meeting with numerous enterprise teams.
- Annual review and management of end-of-year billing for capital projects.
Location – Los Angeles
Experience – 3 Years
- Coordinate project deadlines and timetables for multiple permits simultaneously.
- Document control and coordination of all Project Manual updates, RFI’s, Submittals, PCO’s, Special Inspector Reports, Change Orders, Asbuilts & Plan Sets (physical & electronic databases).
- Coordinate project plan review items from conception to closeout with various state and local agencies (OSHPD, DSA, City of Los Angeles, etc.)
- Prepare Contract AIA forms between clients and consultants.
- Assist Senior Project Managers with site visits to include punch listing, inspections and meeting minutes.
- Prepare typed correspondence, manuscripts, forms, management reports, and presentations using MS Word, Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
Location – Augusta, GA
Experience – 5 Years
- Managed outside contractors for larger capital projects.
- Support project engineering for concept through qualification.
- Interface with Project Engineer to solve problems that arise in the field.
- Facilitated weekly construction meetings.
- Documented safety audits for projects (work in progress audits)
- Active in BBS (Behavioral Based Safety) observer program.
- Conducted High-Risk Safety Orientation for contractors.
- Performed construction inspections for quality control.
- Participated in all areas of financials associated with capital projects (Bid, change order, etc.)
- Coordinated work activities between outside contractors and plant operations.
- Project Manager for smaller capital projects up to $150K.
Location – Chicago, IL
Experience – 7 Years
- Collaborated with PRASA Management for the development of construction projects.
- Supervised projects and schedules for the completion of them on time and in the budget.
- Review the estimates and support documents for change orders including RFIs, submittals, and schedules.
- Perform monthly status and Earned Value presentations to client, assisted Construction Manager informing of issues in projects and the interaction with the client.
- Collaborated with Post Construction to close projects.
- Implemented construction industries practices to manage projects to achieve a limited change order log and maintained it under 15% of project cost.
These are some sample Resumes/CV of Construction Coordinator. With the help of these examples, you can create a well-crafted resume yourself. You can select any of the lines/sentences from these all examples. Combine them, edit them and use them to make an effective resume. These resume samples can help you decide what experience and accomplishments to include your resume. It also guides for the proper highlighting points.
There are more than 26,000 active Construction Coordinator jobs in the USA. Find the job suitable to you and start applying with your fresh and updated Construction Coordinator resume and improve your chances of getting the job.
Hope you got the information you were seeking for.
You can get similar articles related to career advice and much more, directly in your Email by subscribing here. [Click here to Subscribe]
Note: You will get a confirmation email. Click the link in the email to activate your subscription.
All the Best for your Future!