A Construction Carpenter is hired for various construction projects to build required wooden structures. They need to consult with the clients and discuss their requirements. The candidate also has to take the measures of the area and prepare the structure as per measurement.
The other work duties described in the resume of the Construction Carpenter is to install doors, windows, and other furniture. They also have to make the adjustments to the available area and join the individual part of the wooden structure. The hired carpenter has to visit the site area and supervise the work as well.
The skills highlighted in the ideal candidate for this job are carpentry expertise, physical strength, and stamina. Having excellent numerical skills and customer service orientation is beneficial. Employers usually look for the applicants with the high school diploma or completion of training program. Having previous work experience is advantageous.
Construction Carpenter Resume Sample
743 Xyz Abc Road.
Chicago, IL – xxxxx
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Home: xxx-xxx-xxxx | Mobile: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Seeking a Construction Labor position with that will utilize exceptional physical labor and equipment operation skills to assist all trades on the job site.
1) Construction Carpenter
ABC Carpenters – Lisle, IL
1995 – 2018
- Worked on commercial construction projects throughout the Chicago area. Duties included:
- Following established safety rules and regulations to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Studying specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plan to prepare project and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Measuring and marking cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Shaping or cutting materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws. Installing plastic, vinyl and aluminum siding per project and customer specifications.
ABC High School – 1982
Skills and Strengths
- 20-plus years of experience in siding installation.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Knowledgeable in worksite safety practices.
- Expert in building materials, methods & tools.
- A long history of reliability & excellent attendance.
- Detecting and solving problems.
- Practical application of mathematics.
- Following blueprints, sketches & building plans.
— References Available upon Request —
Properly writing roles, responsibilities, and skills in Construction Carpenter’s Resume is very important. It is because the employer or the recruiter will check them to judge your capabilities. Mostly, the points of the job duties performed will come under the section of work experience in the Construction Carpenter’s Resume. Whereas you can mention your skills within the skill section. The other key or highlighting points can be noted separately.
To get the job, making an accurate resume having precise points is necessary. Hence, here are few shorter examples which will give you a better idea about how to write roles, responsibilities, skills and work experience in the resume for the position of Construction Carpenter.
From our resume database, I have gathered few examples. These resumes are selected on basis of different location and experience level. These Construction Carpenter Resume samples of professionals will give you provide with a hint when you are writing your resume. You can change the points according to your location and experience level.
Check these Construction Carpenter resume samples. I hope you will find something interesting and valuable from these examples.
Few More Construction Carpenter Resume Sample:
Location: Houston, TX
Experience: 4 years
- Installation of Footing forms.
- Builds and installs wall and column forms. Familiar with Ulma, Doka, Peri, Aluma Gates.
- Builds and installs structural deck forms. Familiar with Truss Table, Loose Forms, and Meva Systems.
- Sets slab on grade forms.
- Preps and sets tilt up/precast forms.
- Familiar with hanging forms, setting of embeds, pick points and brace points.
- Ability to lay out, work off of supplied control lines.
Location – Brooklyn, NY
Experience – 3 Years
- Constructing, repairing, installing and restoring doors, windows, walls, stairs, cabinets, roofs, shelves and floors.
- Handle all tasks in all aspects of construction projects.
- Read blueprints.
- Commercial and residential carpentry projects.
- Timber construction using cypress.
- Steel stud framing, hanging and finishing drywall
Location – Kingston, JM
Experience – 8 Years
- Worked along with other team members to construct new commercial buildings such as banks and fast food restaurants.
- I was also responsible for renovating already established locations.
- Worked independently on several projects related to carpentry and sometimes supervised other team members in this area.
- Utilized critical thinking skills in measuring work and calculating the amount of material and time needed to complete the task.
- Reading blueprints and utilizing carpentry tools including power tools, measuring, and leveling tools.
- Adhered to all safety regulations and encouraged team members to comply with regulations.
- Independent responsibilities include installing forms and columns, ditto beams, cast toe wall including steel, partitioning, installing ceilings, door jams, metal doors, door closers, changing locks, fencing, installing belt beams, canopy, ditto mirrors, vents, soundproofing, decks, enclosing pipes etc.
Location – Lakeville, MA
Experience – 8 Years
- Maintain and demo on trailer.
- Prepare the work area by leveling ground before the trailer is set.
- Monitor and replace any of the equipment.
- Maintain building interiors and exteriors.
- Set and sage trailer upon customers request.
- Help build Commercial and Industrial buildings from the ground up.
- Inspect municipal buildings and facilities for needed services and repairs.
- Perform minor electrical repairs.
- Maintain doors, windows, furniture and other items.
- Monitor and replace weather stripping.
- Maintain building interiors and exteriors.
Location – Newark, NJ
Experience – 4 Years
- Work with an Independent Contractor for a variety of company’s performing a conglomerate of task.
- Prepare the layout of the project. Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
- Select and purchase the required materials.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives.
- Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
Management of Maintenance
- To be able to maintain the trash of 100 units to always be available for the tenants, and management.
- I built a personal relationship with the tenants that reside in the apartment complex in which I worked.
- I am reliable, punctual, and Versatile.
- I am open to learning and criticism.
These are some sample Resumes/CV of Construction Carpenter. With the help of these examples, you can create a well-crafted resume yourself. You can select any of the lines/sentences from these all examples. Combine them, edit them and use them to make an effective resume. These resume samples can help you decide what experience and accomplishments to include your resume. It also guides for the proper highlighting points.
There are more than 10,000 active Construction Carpenter jobs in the USA. Find the job suitable to you and start applying with your fresh and updated Construction Carpenter resume and improve your chances of getting the job.
Hope you got the information you were seeking for.
You can get similar articles related to career advice and much more, directly in your Email by subscribing here. [Click here to Subscribe]
Note: You will get a confirmation email. Click the link in the email to activate your subscription.
All the Best for your Future!